What To Do When WordPress WP-Admin Redirects To Homepage?
July 8th, 2016 | by Ravi Chahar || 2 Comments |
WordPress is the platform with distinctions and handling a WordPress website is one of the hardest work. Sometimes you may keep locked away from your WordPress admin panel and sometimes you may face WordPress login redirect problem. There are many problems to solve for a perfect website.
In this article, I am going to tell you how to solve login page refreshing problem. There are many bloggers whose WordPress wp-admin redirects to homepage. Whenever they try to use their WordPress admin area, they get redirected to the login page. There may be many reasons due to which it may happen.
How To Solve WordPress Login Page Problem?
Is it happening every time you try to login? Are you not doing anything properly just because WordPress wp-admin redirects to homepage? The reason may relate to any plugin or maybe the theme you are using. It may occur because of the cache of your browser. Let me define the reasons in brief.
1. The cache And cookies:- Every browser stores the cookies and cache by default. Though cookies are very useful when you visit the visited page again. It will load up quickly because of the cache of that particular web page is available in the browser.
But these cookies and cache may create the problem for you. Sometimes the cache and cookies of your WordPress login page may appear again and again due to which you will receive that page. It may lead to the redirection from any other page to the login page. You should clear all the cookies and cache files from your browser on the regular basis.
2. Plugins Data:- As, you all know that in the WordPress directory, there are many plugins which are poorly coded and have many vulnerabilities. Such types of plugins can damage your website. Sometimes they may lead to the WordPress login redirect problem.
It’s not necessary that only a single plugin is the culprit. It may be possible that the codes of two plugins conflict with each other. You can’t expect to adjust your new guest with your whole family. It takes time. But in this case, you have to remove that particular plugin.
Try to know by deactivating all the plugins one by one. You can deactivate all the plugins at once by visiting the cPanel of your website.
3. Your New Theme:- There may be a chance that the theme you are using on your blog is the culprit. Is your login page start refreshing after the new update of your theme? It is possible that after the update of a theme, it may not fit with the current WordPress version or any plugin.
To know whether the theme is creating the problem or not, you should switch to the default theme of WordPress. if you have it in the WordPress then activate it. Otherwise, install the theme from your WordPress repository. Let’s say “Twenty-Twelve”. When you first install the WordPress, this theme is the default theme you use.
4. The .htaccess file:- The file one of the most important files. But sometimes, it may get corrupted and you can get WordPress login redirect problem. The bloggers add many codes to improve the speed of their website using GZIP. The file keeps changing with the usage of the plugins.
With keeping the importance of this file, you should backup the file by double clicking on it. Now just delete the .htaccess file. If your WordPress wp-admin page redirects to homepage then the .htaccess file isn’t the reason. Are you thinking about the regeneration of the file? Well, you should know that you can create the .htaccess file again.
5. The Site URL:- In some cases, the problem may occur due to the site URL. To get rid of this problem, you should update the URL of your website. It can be done using two line of the code. The lines should be added in the “wp-config.php” file in your website’s directory. The WordPress login redirect problem may get solved. The code it:
Don’t forget you change “example.com with the domain name of your website. Add this code and try to open the admin panel. If everything goes perfect, then you won’t need anything else to do.
Have You Come To Know About The Solution Of WordPress Login Redirect Problem?
With all the possible reasons, I have mentioned the solution in this post. I am sure you won’t face WordPress login redirect problem again. though you have to do some work to find the real culprit.
Try each step and you can stop refreshing the login page. Even I have faced this problem, but in my case, the problem was with the browser cache. After clearing the cookies and the cache I didn’t get this problem.
It’s recommended that if your WordPress wp-admin redirects to homepage then don’t try to do everything from your admin area. You should try to use the cPanel of the web hosting.
You can deactivate all the plugins from there. You can upload the new theme to use. Just follow the guide and you won’t get the problem again.