What Is VPS Hosting? How Is It Beneficial?
March 10th, 2014 | by Ravi Chahar || 2 Comments |
Again we are talking about newbies in the field of blogging and what they need to know for their website set up. As you all know to place a blog you need to have space to place your blog on the internet.
For this, there are many web hosting which provides a space on their server to place your website. You should also that there are many kinds of web hosting based on their service and servers. There are many other criteria at which web hosting is categorized. You will come to know about shared web hosting, cloud hosting, dedicated hosting and the one we are going to discuss the VPS hosting or VDS(Virtual Dedicated Server) hosting. Now the question may arrive in your mind as what is VPS hosting? Let me clear your doubt about VPS hosting.
VPS Hosting Or VDS hosting:
Here we go for VPS hosting. VPS stands for virtual private server and we sometimes call it the VDS-virtual dedicated server. It is a kind of web hosting which is better than shared web hosting and lower than dedicated, it is placed between both of them. In shared web hosting many websites are placed at one server which sometimes creates the problem.
As if one site keeps really busy then it may harm the speed of other websites placed at that particular server. But in dedicated server hosting an individual has its own dedicated server with all facilities required to host any website. It is so costly and hard to afford for normal earning people. It comes to
It is so costly and hard to afford for normal earning people. It comes to VPS hosting then for every blogger there is provided a separate hardware and they can work over it as if it’s their own dedicated server. But the software part CPU, RAM, MEMORY are still shared between all users which are using that server or the websites which are placed at that one particular machine.
In VPS hosting many users work as if they have their own dedicated server but actually their websites are controlled by one single machine. Each user is provided with a specific memory, CPU usage, RAM. Or in other sense, we can say that software is shared among all users but in a proportional way. You can decide whether the user wants to get cPanel or not. You can set up many websites at VPS hosting, there will be no effect on the speed of any website relate to any other. Every website is controlled in such a way so that there is not any effect of a big site with loads to another website. There are many other
You can decide whether the user wants to get cPanel or not. You can set up many websites at VPS hosting, there will be no effect on the speed of any website relate to any other. Every website is controlled in such a way so that there is not any effect of a big site with loads to another website. There are many other
There are many other benefits of VPS hosting described below.
Benefits Of VPS Hosting :
There are many benefits of VPS hosting regarding their dedication towards their customers, related to their service and else. Here are various stuffs which may help you to know about VPS hosting in a better way.
- Flexibility:- In VPS hosting user have choices to choose the plan for the website he/she wants to place. VPS hosting is much more flexible than any other web hosting. You can choose the perfect plan for a year dependent upon the traffic of your website. There are many plans which may be customized according to your needs. You don’t need to pay for what you don’t require. You can select your service as your own.
- Full Control:- You are provided with full access to your VPS. You can even reboot your virtual server. You are given full control over your virtual server to manage it. You will be provided with cPanel to have control over your VPS hosting. Some company have cPanel as optional for the user whether there is a requirement or not based on user’s choice.
- Affordable:- VPS hosting doesn’t cost much. Most of the users can afford it. You can start with your’s choice virtual environment and when you have more traffic to your website then you can upgrade the VPS hosting plan. Most of the plans are customized. You can select your resources, leave the resources which are of no use for you.
- No Surprise Fee:- As you have seen there are many hosting which provides you the service with dedication but later on their demands don’t let customers trust others. There is nothing to worry about, you will be provided with the charge which is promised to you.
- Unlimited Stuffs:- The customers will be provided with unlimited bandwidth and disk capacity for their website. They don’t need to worry about the space. VPS hosting doesn’t put restrictions to space.
- Easy To Handle:- VPS hosting is really easy to handle. It provides many applications to install quickly at your VPS hosting. Like WordPress, it provides the facility of one click installation for many applications.
- Good Security:- VPS hosting provides you better security service as compared to shared hosting. You can enable daily backup, it is dependent on your plan.
Are There Any Disadvantages Of VPS Hosting?
VPS hosting is considered as the great type of web hosting for any website. As I have explained the reasons above. It is the middle stand between shared web hosting and dedicated server.
It is affordable but not cheaper than shared web hosting. Many companies are there which have resources issues for their VPS hosting. VPS hosting is not that much expensive as the dedicated server but still for newbies it may somehow costly.
Overall no one can deny the benefits of VPS hosting. You can go for it if you can afford it. You will be provided with the best service. But look over the company to which you are going to buy.
Nice Post.I have plan to transfer to my website to a VPS hosting. Your article really encourage me. Many many thanks
Thanks for introducing me to VPS hosting. I am already availing the shared web hosting services, but though it is very cheap, I am not amused by the quality of the service. I am willing to pay more, provided I get better quality. Thanks for sharing this article. Hope, I could also find an article on VDS, I have heard its better than VPS, but is somewhat costlier.