15 Ideas To Promote Your Blog Post On Social Media
July 21st, 2016 | by Ravi Chahar || 6 Comments |
You write a blog post and then you think about getting more visitors on your website to read that post. How would you do that? Have you ever thought about the effectiveness of the social networks you are using? Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google Plus are the platforms for you to share your blog post.
To promote your blog on social media, you should create your content with full of quality and efficient structure. You know that in a blog post, the keywords, the headlines matter a lot. you should take care of each and every aspect of the SEO.
The ideas to Promote Your Blog on Social Media. Social Media blog post ideas.
In this article, I am going to sum up all the necessary things you should do to get more engagers on your blog post. Let me start from here:-
1. Improve the Visuality:- You all know that people get attracted to the content which has more visual effects. You should include more pics in your blog post. Make your blog post attractive with professional images. Don’t use Google images. Try to create your own images using Canva or any other tool.
2. Easy Social Sharing Buttons:- It’s the common sense that you should enable social sharing buttons for your blog post. You shouldn’t use any plugin which is hard to configure and slow in it’s working. You can add the social sharing buttons yourself only if you are experienced in the web development. Otherwise, there are many plugins in the WordPress collection board.
3. Share On Google Plus Profile:- This is the place for you to share your blog post. Promote your post on your Google plus profile so that your followers can see it. the idea of joining the Google plus communities is also good. You can promote your blog post in those communities. Make sure that you share your post in the related community only.
4. Use Automation tools:- It’s very important to show your presence on the social media platforms for which using the automation tool is the best solution. You can use the tools like HootSuite from which you can schedule your blog post to share on Twitter and LinkedIn. There are many other tools in the market for automation.
5. Don’t overdo it:- No one wants to see your blog post again and again in their news feed. Whether it’s on the Facebook or on the Twitter, you shouldn’t share your same blog post again and again. You can do that by taking a gap by promoting other posts in between.
6. Use Hashtags:- In today’s world of hashtags, everyone is using their pics, the post using the hashtags. One of the best social media blog post ideas is to use the appropriate hashtags with your post. Don’t try to fill it with many hashtags. You can attach at most three.
7. Connect with your followers:- Have you heard about an action called reciprocity? If you understand its meaning then take it into action. Try to connect with your followers by sharing their content. They will do the same for you. Especially on the twitter.
8. Join Communities on social media platforms:- In almost every social networking site, there are many communities in which people interact with each other share the posts in the community. You should try to do the same. Build your reputation by interacting with other people in the community and promote your blog post.
9. Don’t forget Older posts:- If you want to promote your blog on social media then don’t forget about older posts. You should share your blog post on the social media platform whether they are old or new. The only thing which matters is that the content should be unique and effective.
10. Share according to the platform:- Don’t share your Facebook post on the Twitter. You should know that the size of the images of the Facebook post and the Twitter is different. So make sure you don’t do this mistake. The LinkedIn platform has its own dimension of the images. You should share your blog post with the appropriate image.
11. The timing is important:- The debate on the right timing has been continuing for many years and no one has concluded the right time to share your blog post. It depends on the followers you have. In each country, people show their presence on the social media platforms on the different time. So just try to know during which time interval your tweets get impressions and share your blog post during that time.
12. Build a strong question in your post:- Asking questions with the headlines of your blog post can be an effective idea from the social media blog post ideas. Whenever someone shares your blog post, try to ask the questions related to your blog post.
13. Stop paying, Start promoting:- You may be thinking about buying the likes or the followers. But why? If you have the freedom to reach many people via social platforms then why would you pay for ads? Though Facebook ads are quite helpful to get more likes but still why?
14. Don’t try to present on all platforms:- You may have noticed few people who try to show their presence on every possible social media platform. But instead of showing your presence on all the networks, try to build your followers on one or two social media platforms.
15. Thank People:- Never forget to thank the people who share your blog posts. If you want to promote your blog on social media then make sure that you build your reputation in a positive way. Always thank people and share their content.
Did You Get Any New Idea From Social Media Blog Post ideas?
To share your blog post, you must have a goal. You should have an audience to target. The more you interact with your followers, the more your blog post will be shared. After going through all the points mentioned above, did you get any new idea to promote your blog on social media?
It would be great to know the new ideas from you. People have the creative mind and you never know, anyone can bring something unique.
Informative post indeed 🙂
You mentioned all the essential tips required to promote our posts on social media. Yes, we need to follow all of these, and not to mention to touch various social networks over time, especially the ones where you see good returns coming your way. Often we tend to lay stress or promote on 1-2 social platforms, but forget that each one of them has to be tapped as your followings on each one differs.
Thanks for sharing. Have a nice week ahead 🙂
It’s good to see you after a long time here.:)
No one can deny that each platform has its own significance and you should promote on each one of them. But the point is that people lack the quality and the service in a hope of building the following on every platform.
I just want to say that instead of lacking on all the platform it’s good to handle two platforms properly. Though it’s the matter of choice. We all have our perspectives.
Thanks for stopping by.
Have a wonderful day.
Ravi, great tips, love this post. I like the one about promoting old posts and not trying to be on every social media site out there. I think you can really only maintain 3 or 4 well. That is something I surely learned over the years. I’m trying to get back into sharing old posts – I used a plugin for it and then got away from using it when I cleaned up some plugins. Thanks for that reminder.
Joining communities is another I need to work on Ravi, time, time, time 🙂
I am glad that you found this article helpful.
People forget about the old posts. They should keep sharing them to maintain their value. You have worked so hard to craft those pots in your older days. So show it to the world.
When you try to show your presence everywhere on the social networks then it may conflict your value of service. So handle with care.
I can understand that the time is an issue.
Thanks for the support.
Have a wonderful day.
Loved all you ideas you provided here! Especially, the one you mentioned about avoiding using all the social networks, and only to focus on one or two.
We have seen some big niche players like Neil Patel who is only offering his readers the Twitter button, and Brian Dean who is offering only the Facebook and Twitter sharing buttons, they do that because they know that focusing on what works best for them is more effective.
Thanks for sharing these nice ideas!
It’s the best practice you can make. If you try to show your presence on every platform that it won’t be possible to build your authority. There are many bloggers who try their best to build the followers’ list on many platforms but in vain.
It would be better if you focus on one or maybe two platforms.
Thanks for stopping by.