Simple Steps To Install WordPress Plugins For Beginners
July 6th, 2014 | by Ravi Chahar || 19 Comments |
WordPress plugins – A well-known term to bloggers but for beginners, it’s something new and they seek at many blogs to know about their installation. Some newbies face the problem and ask a question to install WordPress plugins.
Many beginners who use a fully-hosted version of WordPress i.e WordPress.com can’t get the benefits of any of the plugins made by developers. Plugins can be used in WordPress.org version of WordPress. You can check the difference between these two versions – WordPress.org vs WordPress.com. There are millions of plugins but if don’t know how to install WordPress plugins then how can you use them?
How To Install WordPress Plugins?
There are thousands of plugins present in WordPress plugin directory. I would like to tell you that you can install WordPress plugins by many ways and I am going to explain two of them.
As you all are well aware of many plugins and the problem of installation will be solved in this article. There are many free plugins, but some plugins made by developers are premium.
You can use those premium plugins at your WordPress blog.
First method :
1. At your WordPress dashboard, you can easily see ‘plugins‘. You just need to click at plugins and a new window will appear in front of you. You can easily see the option ‘Add New’. Click at that option and again a new window will appear for you. You will see some options in a row in which search, upload, featured and others are included. By default, you will be provided with the search option to you and space will be shown in front of you to type the name of the plugin you want to install.
2. After filling the box just click to ‘search plugins’ and you will show many WordPress plugins related to your query in which upper one is the plugin whose name you have typed. Here I have written “WordPress Popular Posts”.
3. You can see that I have filled “WordPress Popular Posts” and the search has come in front of me. You can notice two option given under the name of the plugin you desire. You need to click at “Install Now”.
4. After clicking t0 the option, you will notice a popup in the upper side of the page in which you will be asked to install the plugin or not. Just click to “Ok” button.
5. This is the last step which is required to install WordPress plugins. Again a new window will be shown to you with two options from which you have to select “Activate Plugin” and your work is over. Your plugin has installed and you can use it.
Second Option :
1. As I have mentioned earlier there are many premium plugins which you can install by using another way. They are not in WordPress Plugin Directory so you need to buy them and download them in your computer. You can install any of the plugins by using upload method. As I have explained in the earlier search method you can find “Upload” option. Just click to it.
2. You will a new screen from which you have to choose the ‘.zip’ file you have downloaded. After choosing that file from your computer, you have to click at “Install Now”.
3. Similarly to the previous method after installation you need to activate the plugin.
After the installation of any WordPress plugin by any of these methods, you can check them easily in the plugins list. Now you can enjoy the services provide by that plugin.
WordPress Plugin Has Installed
With the simple steps, I have explained above you can install WordPress plugins which are present in WordPress Plugins Directory and any of the premium plugin. If any of an extra step has missed then feel free to share your thoughts. Are you installing any new plugin? Is there any difficulty in the installation?
If any of an extra step has missed then feel free to share your thoughts. Are you installing any new plugin? Is there any difficulty in the installation?