How To Avoid Over Optimization And Save Your Blog From Google Penalty?
August 6th, 2016 | by Ravi Chahar || 2 Comments |
If you’re the one with the mindset to explore the SEO factor of your blog using some black-hat ways then be alert. Your blog can be penalized by Google. SEO over optimization has become so common nowadays. It is because the bloggers are using some unnatural SEO tricks to drive traffic to their blog.
Are you one of them? I know that SEO of your blog matters a lot and you want to improve the rank of your website. But you can’t do that at the cost of losing your blog forever. Google can deindex your blog if you keep using the black-hat SEO tips.
Reasons For Over Optimization Penalty.
There are many reasons due to which your website can be in danger. If you are doing keyword stuffing then it is the sign of over optimization. The links you are using on your blog matter a lot.
Let me show you the list:-
1. More Keywords:- If you are using the more than three keywords and embedding them unnecessarily in your blog post then you’re over optimizing your blog post. Just use the keywords after a collection of 300 words. Not just in every line.
Don’t try to be over-smart, Google is enough for you to catch you red-handed. Are you thinking about manipulating the Google algorithm? Well, drop the idea and put the keywords nicely and accordingly so that you won’t face Google penalty.
2. Links You Are Using:- If you are using the links which aren’t authentic then I am sorry to say but you are in trouble. Google doesn’t link paid links. If you want to boost the SEO of your blog then follow the natural SEO tips and tricks which can help you get a good ranking.
The over optimization penalty would be following you if you are thinking about buying the links. Do blog commenting, write guest posts and get the natural backlinks.
3. Interlinks Anchor text:- When you create a link in between your blog post then make sure that you don’t repeat one link again for the same post. Suppose you are linking the text “follow blogging” to your blog post and then again with the text “follow blogging tips” to the same blog post.
It’s not the good idea. It would consider as over optimization. You know that interlinking can help you to reduce bounce rate of your blog. But don’t over do it.
4. Keywords From The Sky:- I am considering the sky because if you are using the non-related links to your article then it’s like trying to catch the Earth and the Sky on the same time. Which is not possible. Don’t try to be smart.
If you’re using the keyword which isn’t even related to your article then you’re calling for the over optimization penalty. Search for the right keywords for your article.
There shouldn’t be any keyword which is far from the topic of your article. Just be natural and provide the article with the true value.
5. Keyword stuffed URLs:- You are thinking about creating the SEO friendly permalinks but if you’re doing that too much just to brand your blog then it’s not good. It’s always recommended to add the keywords in your permalinks. But if you’re using more than one keywords then it shows over optimization.
You know that SEO is an important part to get more visitors to your blog. But don’t forget the real SEO. Do it the way it should be done.
6. Content You Provide:- While writing a blog post, you must be careful not to duplicate the content. Create your own content. I am sure, you won’t like to get penalized by Google. The bots crawl your website every day and if they find the duplicate content then your website would be penalized.
You always read about the importance of the original content. Well, don’t just read about it. Apply the rule and provide the content with your own writing skills. Don’t even copy a single line from any other website. you are unique and should create the unique content.
7. Putting Codes In the Header and Footer:- From the SEO point of view, putting the SEO codes just boost the ranking isn’t a great idea. Most of the people target the header and the footer section of the website.
If you are using such trick then it is SEO over optimization. Keep your header and the footer clear and never ask anyone to do the SEO by adding the scripts.
The Over Optimization Penalty Would Ruin Your Hard Work.
You have been working on your blog since years and now if you do SEO over optimization then it’s not worthy. gain the popularity and the readers from your content. Use social media to drive traffic to your blog. There are many things to do to promote your blog.
How to avoid over optimization? There shouldn’t be the need to ask this question. You should keep the record of the keywords you are using in the article and avoid keyword stuffing. Write for readers, not for search engine.