Optimize Your Website For SEO With Proper Permalinks
June 28th, 2016 | by Ravi Chahar || 10 Comments |
For beginners, the concept of search engine optimization is quite difficult to understand. The concept about of the SEO friendly permalink structure has brought into the light.
There are different kinds of permalink structures present in WordPress which can be selected. Do you know what is the best permalink structure?
If you want to optimize your website then writing an SEO friendly permalink structure is an important aspect to understand. In this post, I will let you know the proper and effective way of writing the best permalink for your blog posts.
What Is The Best Permalink Structure?
When you go to settings>>permalinks then a new page opens to you. All the possible permalink structures are there. You can select any of them. But is it worth selecting any random permalink structure? I don’t think so and even Google doesn’t like all the permalinks.
1. The first permalink structure is the plain one. It is the default one which is provided to you by the WordPress when you install it. It is shown something like:
It isn’t an SEO friendly permalink structure. You shouldn’t keep it like that.
2. The next one is with the day and name included in the URL. It’s also not a good one for you and to optimize your website. The permalink looks like:
What if you want to change the publish date of your blog post? The permalink will look like the same even after the update date. So you shouldn’t use this permalink structure.
3. Month and name :- This is same as earlier with the similar problem. Bloggers try to write an SEO friendly post and try to manage their posts even after a year. People show the last updated time.
4. Another one is the numeric permalink structure. It looks like:
It isn’t an SEO friendly permalink structure. So it is also rejected.
5. The permalink to use:- Here is the permalink you should use. The custom permalink structure which includes the post name. Few people prefer to include the category name and the post name in the permalink. But it may result into the content duplicity. So you should use the permalink with the post name only.
While writing a permalink you should keep many things in your mind.
- It should be short and clear.
- Try to use the keyword of your blog post in it.
- Keep it simple.
- Once the permalink has created and the blog post has been published, the permalink structure can’t be changed. If you change it then the error will be showing for that page.
- Twitter consists limited characters in a single tweet. So if you keep the permalink short then it would be good for you to get tweeted by other bloggers.
Have You Optimized Your Website With SEO Friendly Permalink Structure?
People with different thoughts use different permalink structures. But the most common and an SEO friendly permalink structure is the one with the URL of your website followed by the post name.
As I have mentioned above that it should short and simple. There should be the keyword of your blog post in it.
If you want to optimize your website then using such permalink structure is important. You should try to create the best permalink before publishing the blog post.
No one wants to see errors for any of the pages of their website. If you still face any problem then I am here to help you.