Know About Effective Website Speed Optimization Techniques.
August 13th, 2016 | by Ravi Chahar || 6 Comments |
Website speed is always a crucial topic to discuss. When you think about reducing the page loading time of your website then many things come into the mind. People seek for the best possible solution to improve website performance. Are you striving to boost up the speed of your website?
In this post, I am going to provide you some amazing tips which can help you to have a fast loading website. You have heard about that the page size of your website should be less so that the browser can load it easily. There are many actions which should be taken by you to reduce the page size.
If you care about your users and want to drive traffic to your blog then you should implement website speed optimization techniques.
How To Optimize Website Speed?
Why are you so curious to boost up the speed of your website? Is it about the SEO or the readers? Well, it’s about both because neither the search engine like the low loading website nor your readers like to visit your website again if it would take a lot of time to show the landing page. I am sure you won’t provide that bad experience to your users.
It’s always good to provide the fastest opening website so that people would come to your website and would want to visit again. From reducing the size of the files to the images, you have to take many actions for the size reduction of the page.
Let me walk you through the website speed optimization techniques:-
1. Reduce Image size:- You may have noticed that people upload bigger images in their blog post and forget to optimize the images. This would cause them because whenever their readers come to their website, they get annoyed. The bigger image would take more time to load.
There are many softwares which can help you to optimize the images for your website. You can optimize the images using some online tools and websites. TinyPNG is an amazing website which can optimize your website without even losing the quality.
2. Reduce HTTP Requests:- I have recently written a post about reducing the HTTP requests. While opening your website, the browser tries to fetch the website and checks the HTTP requests. The more requests tend to the danger sign. You should try to reduce HTTP requests by CSS sprites and by combining the files.
If you’re using the custom CSS for the designing of your website then it is advised to add those codes in the main CSS file of your website. It would be easy to fetch one file instead of many separated files.
The cache is stored in the user’s browser and the files would be fetched from the cache memory when the user would open your website again. It would enhance the user’s experience and your website’s speed would seem to be reduced for the user.
5. Web Hosting:- The hosting service has the major role in the speed of your website. If your website has the major traffic and you’re trying to run it on the poor web hosting. Always try to choose the best web hosting company for your website. Search the web and read the reviews for the web hosting company before buying.
6. Use GZIP Compression:- On your website, there are many HTML and XML files which are of a quite of bigger size. You should use the GZIP compression technique for your HTML and XML files. All the files can be reduced up to 75%.
This is one of the best website speed optimization techniques. You have to add a simple code in your .htaccess file for which you should know how to edit .htaccess file.
There are many things which can be done without using any plugin. You can add the social buttons without any plugin. You can add an image in the sidebar just by putting a simple code. There are many tasks which can be completed without WordPress plugins. Try to reduce the no. of plugins on your website.
8. Decrease No. of Redirects:- You know that in today’s era of smartphones the developers create a mobile responsive website. Sometimes they include the redirects so that whenever someone opens the website from the mobiles then the mobile version of the website gets opened.
It increases the no. of HTTP requests and so the page loading time. To improve website performance, you should try to reduce the no. of redirects.
If you put the script at the top in the header then it would take more time to open your website and the white page would appear to the users. If you put the script on the bottom then your user won’t notice the loading time because the website would open and the browser would load the script file later.
10. Install A Caching Plugin:- There are many caching plugins in the WordPress directory using which you can improve the speed of your website. W3 Total Cache, WP Super cache, and many other caching plugins are there.
Did You get An Answer For How To Optimize Website Speed?
It is always considered that if your website speed is good then the people would come to back. It provides the best user experience. What if your website takes so much time to load? Well, it’s not the good thing to hear. Try to improve website performance by following the above-mentioned tips.
I am sure, you would be happy to see the results. While handling a WordPress website, so many efforts are required to make it stand. Build a better blog with the low page loading time.
If you still face any problem then change the theme of your website. There are many things to check when you choose the theme for your blog.