How To Remove URL From Google Search Engine Using It’s Webmaster Tools?
August 12th, 2014 | by Ravi Chahar || 34 Comments |
There are many simple things which are not that much easy for all. In the beginning of any career, people need to be guided with the simple and easy steps. In the field of blogging, bloggers face the problem when Google index many URLs.
Due to some SEO disturbance of any blog, some URLs come into search results which should be removed. Beginners should know how to remove URL from Google? Newbies start thinking as how can they remove URL from search results.
Remove URL from Google search results using some simple steps
You may find any URL which shouldn’t be indexed by Google. There may be any URL related to your wp-content/plugins/themes, wp-includes etc.
There may be any copied URL which can create the problem for your blog so you want to remove it from Google. Newbies try to find how to remove URL from Google search results.
To make your process easy I am going to explain the removal by this tutorial. There are some easy steps you have to take using Google webmaster tools.
1) First of all, you have to go and login to Google Webmaster Tools and click to the website for which you want to remove URL.
2) You can see the dashboard of your website. Take a look at the left-hand side and you can see some options from which you have to click on “Google Index”.
3) There are some options including “Remove URLs“. Click on the option and you can see a new screen in front of you.
4) Suppose you want to remove URL as shown in the screenshot below. Remember that URL is shown in the green color under the title of your blog post. Select and copy this URL.
5) As I have mentioned in the third step that you can see a new screen. Here you need to click on “create a new removal request” and under this an option a box comes in front of you. Now it’s the time to paste the URL you want to remove from Google search results. After adding the URL click to continue and again a new screen comes to you.
6) Here you will be shown the URL you have added for the removal and you have to give the reason for the removal. You will be asked to remove the URL from cache only, directory or from search results and cache. You should choose to remove URL from search results and cache. Now it’s time for the final click which should be done by clicking at “submit request“.
Your request for the removal has added to Google Webmaster Tools. Depending upon Google policies the URL will be removed within 48 hours.
Still, need to ask how to remove URL from Google?
We all know that everyone is not a quick learner or you may do any mistake while performing this process. Are you still in the confusion? Is there any problem to remove URL from search results? If you face any problem then you can contact me. I would love to connect with you. Hope to see you in the comment section. 🙂