How To Add A Site To Bing Webmaster Tool ? A Question Asked By Many.
April 14th, 2014 | by Ravi Chahar || 6 Comments |
One of the visitor, of my blog, asked me how to add a site to Bing webmaster tool? It is asked because we all know about Bing, it is also a great search engine and bloggers need to configure about adding their site to Bing webmaster tool.
For a blog, Bing can be a good way to get traffic. As the main motive of a blogger is to drive traffic to his/her blog which can be done by submitting the blog to Bing webmaster tool.
When someone submits his/her website to Bing then similarly to Google every post will get indexed at Bing which will bring more visitors to the website.
How To Add A Site To Bing? Simple Method To Follow :
It is very easy to add a site to Bing webmaster tool in just a few simple steps. Bing webmaster tool is the reference tool of the search engine, Bing. Like Google webmaster, Bing is also having it’s webmaster tool.
For a blogger, it is necessary to know about it. All you need to figure out about it in a specific way. Bloggers who just entered in the field of blogging get so excited to know about SEO and search engines.
As I have told you that Bing is also a major search engine to care about. If you need to get indexed your every post via Bing then you have to add your site to Bing webmaster tool. There are some steps to do so.
- Open Bing webmaster tool and you will come across a screen open in front of you. There are two options to get into Bing webmaster tool. One is to direct sign in if you already have a Microsoft account. If you don’t have the account then you have to sign up for a Microsoft account.
- After doing so there will appear many columns in front of you. You will have to fill all the columns with the required information. When you will fill all the columns then click to create account option at the downward side.
- Now you have to verify your Microsoft account by visiting your e-mail which you have entered in an account field. You will get a message from Microsoft in it. Open it and click to verify e-mail ( the e-mail you have submitted while creating an account ) and you will be redirected to your Microsoft account to access Bing webmaster tool.
- Now click OK and you will again return to Bing webmaster screen. If you want to add your site to Bing webmaster tool then click to sign in and Bing webmaster tool will open. You will see a box to put the URL of your website which you want to add. After copying the URL, click to add and again you need to fill total information about your website to the Bing webmaster tool to add.
- Now you have to add the URL of sitemap of your website which you can get by ” http://yoursite/sitemap.xml “. Copy the URL and go further to fill up all the sections related to your website and you and finally click to save.
- Now it’s time to verify your ownership of your website to which there are many options but I would suggest you follow option.1. It easy to follow. You just need to follow the steps shown.
- To add your site to Bing webmaster tool this is the main thing to do. It is necessary to get verified whether you are the owner of the website written or not. Bing webmaster tool also has its own privacy policies. As shown in the pic you have to download “BingSiteAuth.xml” file to your computer.
- Now open your cPanel and go to file section and open file manager. Upload this file to ‘public_html‘ and again visit the page of Bing webmaster tool. Go downward to verify your ownership and click verify. Now your site has been successfully added to Bing webmaster tool.
- There will appear the main control system of Bing webmaster in front of you. You can handle your website from here. You can check how much posts have indexed or not? There are many other options by which you can check the status of your website.
Finally, You Have Added Your Site To Bing Webmaster Tool :
By following these simple steps you can add your site to Bing webmaster tool easily. For beginners, it is necessary to know how to add a site to Bing? Because I have encountered with many visitors who failed to do it.
Though it is very easy to add a site to Bing webmaster but still newbies fail to add their site. Now I there will not arouse a question how to add a site to Bing webmaster tool?
Don’t need to ask anyone. Just go for these simple steps and you will reach your goal. Finally, I would like to say that adding any website to Bing webmaster tool is not the only way to get more traffic.
It is dependent upon the quality of your blog which will decide whether it attracts readers or not. But indexing your blog posts will help visitors to see that there is also a website like yours.