How To Choose A WordPress Plugin Which Can Satisfy You?
July 23rd, 2014 | by Ravi Chahar || 32 Comments |
You are all aware of the availability of thousand of plugins in WordPress directory. From all the WordPress plugins, it’s somehow difficult to choose a good plugin.
You may find more than one plugin for your query but to make sure before using is necessary as we all know that we should keep our path safe. How to choose a WordPress plugin?
It’s the main problem in the starting days of a blogger.
For beginners selecting a WordPress plugin from many plugins is not that much easy. They need to check some specific qualities of that particular plugin.
Before this, they need to know how to install a WordPress plugin? In this post, I am going to sum up all the points on the basis of which you can choose a good plugin from the WordPress directory.
Choose A Plugin On the Basis Of Some Details
There are many free and paid plugins which can be used for a WordPress blog. For both types of plugins, you need to check their reviews, support, rating and other features explained in detail below.
- Take a look at the support:- If a plugin is considered as good then support for that plugin must be good. Most of the plugin developers provide support for their plugin at the WordPress page where you find the plugin. To contact you need to log in and you can easily ask your doubts regarding that plugin. You may find any particular website of the developer where you can find the support and details of all plugins developed by that developer. There is a greater possibility that you may see replies to other users from which you can have an idea about the support.
- Check reviews of the plugin:- WordPress has given freedom to its users so that they can drop their experience in the form of review for the WordPress plugin. When you open the plugin’s page at WordPress.org you can check the reviews in which you can see reviews given by many users. There may by some negative reviews and some positive reviews. Having more positive reviews is the sign that the plugin is good to use at your website.
- You must see the last updated date:- At the plugin’s page, you can see details of it in which last updated date, month and year is mentioned. If you want to get good results then don’t choose a plugin which has not been updated since last two years. You know in a short interval of time WordPress launch it’s new version and some old plugins don’t give proper output with it.
- Compatibility must be checked:- As I have mentioned in the previous point that you can easily see the details of the plugin where you can check the compatibility of the plugin with your WordPress version. The developer of the plugin mentions the lowest version and highest version of WordPress at which the plugin can work properly. If you install any plugin which doesn’t have the compatibility with the WordPress version you use then it may not work at the extent at which it should work.
- Screenshots are also available:- For every WordPress plugin you can find screenshots which have taken after the installation by the developers. With their help, you can get an idea how does the plugin work at any website? It’s dependent at your theme how does the plugin work? Some plugins don’t work good on every theme. You may not have the same look of your website after the installation of the plugin which you see in screenshots.
- Downloads are there:- Below the detail of compatibility and last updated of the plugin you can check the number of times the WordPress plugin has downloaded by its users. More the number of downloads, more the value of trust. You can think about it yourself as if a plugin is not good then people will not download it and if it seems good then download number will increase day by day.
- Check the ratings:- WordPress plugins are provided with the ratings which can be seen by you when you open the page at WordPress.org. Rating is given by users. People give stars from five. Some people may give 4 stars other may give 3.5 stars and else. Rating is calculated as the average of the stars given by users. To choose a good plugin, you must check that the plugin should have the rating more than 4 stars. You may find other plugins which don’t even have 3 stars. You need to keep searching for the plugin with higher ratings.
- Don’t forget to read FAQ and Other Notes:- Most of the bloggers forget to read this section. You must know that in FAQ of any WordPress plugin developer provides you some essential information about how to use that plugin and much more. Many users complain about the working of any plugin without knowing it’s usage.
- Test the plugin:- It’s really important to test a plugin after its installation. There may be many plugins which are written in poor codes and don’t work fine in WordPress. To make sure about its quality you must check the speed of your website before and after the installation. You can easily find the difference if codes are poorly written. You can check the URL of your website at GTmetrix, Pingdom or any other site monitoring website.
Have You Selected A Better WordPress Plugin?
How to choose a WordPress plugin? I don’t think after checking all the details you need to ask this question again. Go for best is always the priority. No one wants to use any plugin which provides the worst facility.
There are many plugins which work as same.
You are free to use any but having the best is your right. So have to see any WordPress plugin with 5 rating? Are you using all plugins with best reviews? How about the working?
Are you using them in an appropriate way? Does speed of your website same? I would like to hear from you all.