How To Add New Users In WordPress For Better Site Handling?
October 24th, 2015 | by Ravi Chahar || 6 Comments |
WordPress is an amazing CMS(Content Management System) with multiple features in it. In the starting, every blogger tries to learn more about WordPress and its services.
To start writing you must add yourself as a user in the WordPress. There are many bloggers who allow other people to write on their blog. For which they add users in WordPress.
There maybe the different role of every unique user depending upon the fields you choose for them. You can manage users role in WordPress. But now let me start by showing you how to add new users in WordPress?
Add New Users In WordPress Within One Minute:
When we talk about WordPress then people think that it would be hard to do the task. I mean you shouldn’t be afraid of techie things. But let me tell you that there is nothing techie here. You just need to use your WordPress dashboard.
There are many options in the left menu of your WordPress. But have you used all of these options? I don’t think so. Most of the time bloggers just focus on writing their blog posts. They don’t interact with WordPress.
To add new users in WordPress you just need to follow some easy going steps. I am sure there will not be any difficulty.
Here We Go:
Step 1:- First thing is to login into your WordPress dashboard. Have a look upon all the option shown in the left menu of WordPress. Go for “Users” option and you will find sub-options. “Add New” is the one for which you have to use. Just click at that option.
Step 2:- A new page will open in front of you. You will see “Add New User” heading at the top of that page. Many fields will be given to you. You have to fill each and every box carefully.
- The first field is to enter the username. It is mandatory to enter the username because you can’t add new users in WordPress without a username. This username will be provided to the user you are going to add so that he/she can log in later to your website.
- Now an “E-mail” is required. You can see that WordPress has added (required) with both the fields. For sure e-mail is one of the most important things to fill. If you have registered to any website then you may have noticed that your e-mail or username is required to log in into that website.
- Here are some optional boxes to fill. The first name, last name and website fields are optional to fill If you want to add then it’s good, but if you don’t then it wouldn’t be any problem. These options help to manage the users in the WordPress.
- Here comes the role box to fill. It is always recommended to fill a strong password to increase the safety level. As written below the password field, if you want to change the password then the link will be sent to the user’s mail. You can use password generators to generate a strong password. The point is that you must keep your password strong.
- The last one is to choose the users role. It is dependent upon you. There are different kinds of users depending upon their ability to access your website. The least freedom is provided to the subscriber who can just access the content of the website. The subscribers can’t edit or write the blog post for your website. They just maintain their own profile.
- The most powerful user role is played by the “Administrator“. He/she can write/edit the blog posts. He/she can manage users role for all. An administrator is the owner of the website. Don’t allocate this position to anyone else other than you. If you have any partner then only you can do it.
Step 3:- The final thing is to click “Add New User” and you have successfully added a user to your WordPress. You can add users in WordPress like this as many as you want, depending upon the nature of your website.
Do You Want To Add Users In WordPress Now?
How to add new users in WordPress? Is it safe to add new users in WordPress? Can I add manage users role? These type of questions are generally asked. But let me tell you that you can add users in WordPress, but the main thing is to provide the role to them.
The ability to interact with the content of your website should be provided by you. You have to decide who should be an author, contributor or else? And for sure, you should add new users to increase your website’s strength. New users will explore their new ideas to boost your website.