20 FAQ Asked By Beginners After Reading About The WordPress Platform.
August 2nd, 2016 | by Ravi Chahar || 8 Comments |
For beginners, WordPress is a platform with unknown qualities and features. They try to learn more and more. Are you a beginner in this blogosphere who is willing to start a blog using the WordPress platform? There are many WordPress FAQ which crosses the mind of every newbie who is confused why do people adore this CMS.
Well, there are many questions asking by WordPress beginners who try to know more and more about this platform. When it comes about choosing the right platform to start a blog then people read about WordPress and know the features of the Content Management System.
Frequently Asked Questions By Beginners (WordPress FAQ).
In this post, I am going to show you the list of the questions which people ask frequently about WordPress and related to it. Though there are many other blogging platforms but nowadays the people are heading towards this amazing platform. Do you have any question in your mind? Let me give you an idea:-
1. Why WordPress:- For beginners, WordPress is a system about which they have just heard and read. But they don’t know why people are advising to choose this platform to start a blog. You all know that it is a reputed platform to start a blog which can give wings to your dream of building a better blog.
2. WordPress.com V/S WordPress.org:- Most of the people get confused whether they should choose the fully hosted version of the WordPress or the self-hosted? Though it depends on the situation and your goals. But still, most of the expert advice to choose the self-hosted version of the WordPress which provides you the freedom to handle your website.
3. Which Theme To Use:- You know that the design of your website should be clear and effective. For which, the beginners strive to get the theme which can fit. But it’s quite hard to choose the right theme for your blog when you enter in the field of blogging.
4. To Install Which Plugin:- Some newbies even ask about the plugins. They try to Google about installing a plugin on the WordPress. They get confused when they see a lot of plugins available. Which plugin is good and which is bad. They should check many things before installing a plugin.
5. What Would Happen If I change My Theme:- It’s not possible that you can find the best theme for your blog in your starting days. You have to crawl the internet. Some people have the confusion that what would happen if they change the theme? Would the content remain the same? Well, they should know that the content doesn’t go anywhere, only the appearance changes according to the theme.
6. How To Boost the SEO:- After writing a few posts, beginners ask a WordPress FAQ about the SEO of the blog. To improve the SEO, you should know the proper SEO tips and the technique to write an SEO-friendly blog post. Try to learn more about it.
7. Is My Blog Secure:- No doubt that WordPress is one the secure platforms. But still, if you want to improve the security then you can so many things like changing the default username, disable the directory browsing, disable the PHP execution and many other things. You will learn with the time.
8. Should I Hire Someone:- One of the major FAQ asked by beginners is that they ask about hiring a professional to build a website. They don’t know that WordPress is so easy to start a blog with. You should keep in your mind about the things to do before launching a website and your blog would be live for the world.
9. What Is The Limit To Install Plugins:- The newbies ask that how many plugin can they install on their WordPress blog. Well, less the plugins, more the speed. You should know that more no. of plugins can reduce the speed of your website. There should be maximum 20-25 plugins. You can run a blog using only 15 plugins.
10. My Website Speed Is Slow:- The questions asking by WordPress beginners includes the topic of the page loading time. They ask how can they improve the speed of their website. They can install a caching plugin and can reduce the size of the HTML and XML files using the GZIP compression.
11. What Is A Sitemap:- When you think about using the WordPress CMS and to build a blog then the concept of the sitemap would come to the light. You should know that the content available on your website would be told by the sitemap of your website to Google.
12. What Is The Robots.txt File:- One More WordPress FAQ is the file named robots.txt. What does this file do? Where is it located? How does it help to start a blog? The beginners should know the concept of crawling to create a robots.txt file.
13. What is The Slug:- The newbies try to know about the categories of the posts and the slug attached with those categories and the posts. How can they change the category slug using the WordPress dashboard? Is post slug and category slug the same? The answer is no.
14. What Is Meta-data:- The beginners usually ask about the meta-data and how is it important from the SEO point of view? Where would they find the field to add the meta-description for their blog posts?
15. How To Use The Keywords:- Bloggers ask about the searching and the proper use of the keywords to increase the SEO of their blog. You should know how to search the right keywords with the high authority to use in your blog posts. You should learn about the keyword search tools and to write an SEO-friendly post.
16. How To Stop Spam Comments:- When you install the WordPress then you get a lot of spam comments. The newbies experience the same thing and after getting annoyed, they ask to stop the spam comments. You can install the Akismet with the GASP plugin.
17. How To Show Visual Content:- Adding the images isn’t the hard task but adding a video in WordPress is quite hard for the beginners. They ask the way to embed the video in their blog post or the page. Adding the images from the WordPress library and managing those is quite a task to handle with care.
18. Add facebook Like Box:- You know that Facebook has the major influence on this generation and one of the questions asking by WordPress beginners is how to add the Facebook like box on their website. You should know that it just the matter of a simple code you get from the Facebook itself.
19. How To Install Google Analytics:- Knowing the stats for every blogger is necessary. In the beginner’s case, it’s very important to know their progress using the Google Analytics. For which they usually ask how to install the Google Analytics.
20. Can I Install WordPress In My Computer:- When the beginners start using the WordPress then they start asking if they can install WordPress on their computer. Let you tell you that you can install WordPress in the Xampp to use it offline from your computer.
Do You Relate To Any FAQ Asked By Beginners?
We all were the beginner in our starting days. WordPress was the new thing for us. But now, the situation may not be the same for many bloggers. But still, there are many bloggers who want to know the WordPress FAQ asked by the beginners.
Are you one of them? Have you just started blogging? Do you know the questions asking by WordPress beginners so that you can build a better blog to fulfill your dreams. If you have any question in your mind then let it pop up.