Add Disqus To Your Website In Just Two Minutes
May 22nd, 2014 | by Ravi Chahar |
After going through some websites, spending a week here on the internet and you all may well aware about Disqus comment system.
Though WordPress has it’s inbuilt comment system still if you want to add Disqus to your website in place of WordPress in-built comment system then you can do it it in few simple steps.
When beginners come to know about Disqus comment system then they usually ask how to add Disqus to WordPress? For newbies adding something new to their website is not a joke.
Every blogger need to think about adding any third party system to their WordPress website. As Disqus is not a comment system related to WordPress. It doesn’t have any connection to WordPress. Disqus is a third-party commenting system which provides you a new style of commenting to enable at your blog.
How To Add Disqus To WordPress Site ?
It’s very easy to add Disqus to your website in just two minutes.
1. Go to the Disqus website and make a new account and if you already have an account then you can login with the same account. I must tell you that you should sign up or sign in with the account from with you want to handle comments of your website.
Disqus doesn’t provide access to any other account to be accessed. I am telling this because many beginners may think not to attach their common e-mail with Disqus and may try to manipulate it by their another account which is a wrong idea.There are some steps to add Disqus comment system.
2. Click to the “For Websites” option on the Disqus website. You can see this option clearly at the Disqus front page of the website.
3. A new page will appear in front of you and you will see an option to ‘Add Disqus to your site‘. You have to create the admin. You have to fill site name and a unique Disqus URL. It will appear like myblog.disqus.com. You have to choose the category of your website in the form. After filling all the information you need to click at Finish registration box shown at the bottom-right side.
4. After registration, you have to fill the platform of your website as WordPress and it’s easy to follow the instructions shown in front of you to add Disqus on your website.
5. You have registered your website to Disqus. To connect your website to Disqus you have to use a WordPress plugin named ‘Disqus comment system‘. Install the plugin and activate it.
6. After activation, go to the comments’ section and click to Disqus and it’s settings. Sign in with your Discus account. You will see the website which you have registered on Disqus, just select the website and click on ‘Next’ button and your Discus comment system will be enabled on your website.
Why Should You Add Disqus To Your Website ?
In WordPress, there is an inbuilt comment system which is simple to handle but if you want to provide your visitors a better comment system then you can switch to Disqus.
As we all know there are thousands of bots who are seeking vulnerable website at which they can spread spam and comments are one of the main ways for that. At a WordPress website, you can use Akismet – a plugin which is used to block spam comments.
Maybe for better security, you can use CAPTCHA to make sure that comments can be done only by humans.
- Loading Time :- If you have many comments on your posts then it will take much time to load all the comments but if you use Disqus comment system then all the comments will be placed on their server. You don’t need to panic about the comments loading time.
- Freedom To Uninstall :- Suppose you don’t like Disqus comment system to your website then you can easily remove it. You will not be bound with it after installing it to your WordPress website.
- Better Moderation Of Comments :- You can easily moderate the comments of your blog posts by going to your comment section, clicking to Disqus and you are provided with a option by which you will be connected to your Disqus account and you can moderate pending comments.
- Save Your Blog From spam comments :- Having many spam comments at a WordPress website can harm it. But if you add Disqus to your website then all the comments will pass through Disqus spam filters.
- Provide from signing to many websites :- If you have put your comment at any website which has enabled Disqus then you don’t need to login to any other website having Disqus and you can easily see replies to your comment done at any website which have Disqus.
Some Cons Of Disqus Comment System :
For every good system, there are some cons too.
- If someone wants to comment on your blog post then he/she has to login before dropping their comment. It’s really annoying for visitors.
- Due to this frustrating step traffic to your website may reduce.
- If something is wrong with Disqus then no one will able to comment on your website.
- Sometimes comments get approved without the moderation of the account owner.
Now It’s Up To You :
I hope you all have got the idea as how to add Disqus to WordPress website? All the pros and cons of Disqus are in front of you. If you want to switch to Disqus comment system then all the steps are explained in the post. Still, if you face any problem then you can contact me.